Wednesday, August 13, 2008

I seem to lack the ability or motivation to post more than once or twice every three months, but when I blew the cobwebs off my blog and looked over some of my most recent posts (April/May), I realized I actually had a few comments, and yes, confirmation that at least three people read it from time to time. So, here I am, once again pounding out to the great unknown what ever happens to pop into my head.

Here's a quick rundown of the last 2 1/2 months: I went to Europe as planned in late May/early June. It was a great experience, and I'm now officially addicted to traveling. I returned home and started my intership in Lansing. It took me about a week to decide that commuting 45 minutes every day was very overrated, so, going on a referral from a friend, I moved to Lansing. That worked out great, except for the third or fourth day, when my house was broken into and my laptop stolen. With it went thousands of pictures (including those from Europe and Mexico), three years worth of school work, and some silly videos I filmed with my younger siblings. Despite many generous promises from my landlord to help restore/replace it, it's almost the end of summer, and I still remain without a laptop. Oh well, as the French would say, C'est la vie. Other highlights include three weddings I was a part of. I was an usher for both my cousin's wedding and my friend Jon's, and this past weekend I was the best man in my brother Seth's wedding. That last one was a bit more stressful, as I had to plan a bachelor party and write a best man speech, which by the way was a great success. Turns out I know how to make people laugh and cry at a wedding. Who knew? It was also probably the most fun and the most important, as Seth is my brother and all.

And that brings us up to date. In two days, I will relinquish my position as an intern at Auto-Owners Insurance and prepare to head back to school. It's been a good summer, but I'm ready to be back at school. My last year, holy cow!!! Anywho, I'm out for now, but I'll try and post something other than a history lesson fairly soon.

4 comments:

James said...

Do the French actually say "C'est la vie"? I mean, it makes sense, but you actually went there

kerri said...

caleb!! you are still alive!!

and james, of course they say it. i mean, americans say "that's life", don't we?

James said...

I don't say it. You can if you want, though.

Carrie said...

whatever the case may be, it sounds a heck of a lot better in french than it does en espanol. "es la vida." lame-o.