Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Senioritis Cured?

Sorry for the long absence... this will be extremely random, but I had the sudden and irresistible urge to post, after months of silence. Anyway........

It has been said, and it has been my experience in the past, that the closer one gets to graduation, the more of a slacker he or she becomes. This unfortunate phenomenon is often referred to as Senioritis (at least in my world). While I have generally bought into this theory and more often than not have found it to be accurate, lately I've actually been feeling strangely motivated. Maybe it's a second wind ushered in by the sighting of the light at the end of this tunnel that has been my college years; maybe it's the realization that all this time and effort will matter very soon; or perhaps it's just a random, short-lived phase brought on by the weather that will soon fade (that last addition doesn't really seem likely to me, but I thought I needed a third). I do know that my momentary motivation has been brought on by way too much coffee that was consumed in hopes of getting through one very tedious OT project (which is completed, by the way... yup). Whatever the case, I have lately been motivated to a) start reading, which by the way is an aspiration I have not had post-high school, b) perfect my technical (and consequently career specific) abilities (which had become quite a chore of late, an issue of some concern to me) and c) become more awesome... again, my third is not anything fantastic, but I'm apparently OCD tonight and have an overwhelming need for threes. Despite all of these aspirations, I'm still way behind, everything is still piling up, and I still don't have a job lined up for after graduation. But for now, I'm not going to worry about that. I am instead going to ignore the rain and the time on the clock and go for a run (in order to work off the sudden energy and randomness that has been brought on by the aforementioned coffee). So goodnight all... go do some good!

-CM

2 comments:

James said...

Blogging is actually listed as a symptom of senioritis.

I just monkey-stomped all over your hypothesis.

C.A. Miracle said...

Frick... Just frick.